Yes, eero is protected against the WPA2 security vulnerability known as KRACK.
We’re happy to confirm that all eeros, eero Pros and eero Beacons are KRACK-secure right out of the box (Firmware v3.5.0). No special action needs to be taken to protect yourself or your network from this vulnerability. To double-check your own eero network and confirm you’re on v3.5.0 or later, refer to the following steps.
- Open the eero App
- Tap on Home
- Tap on the connection status bubble on the top of the screen to reveal the eeros on the network
- Tap on an eero to to open its information screen
- You will see the app version displayed next to Software in the eero’s information screen
- Open the eero app
- Tap on an eero from your home screen
- Under eero OS version, you will see the current version number
If the version is under 3.5.0-312, do the following to update your network:
- Tap on the Settings tab
- Tap Software Updates
- Tap Update Available to begin the update process
- Tap the menu button
- Tap Network Settings
- Tap Update available under the Network software section
Updating your network will require your network to reboot.
For more information, please visit our blog.