Schedules can be used to set recurring times when you’d like a user’s connected devices to lose their connection to the Internet. When a schedule is activated, the devices associated with that user’s profile will automatically go into a paused state.
Manual pauses can be used to restrict Internet access on a more ad-hoc basis.
How do I set schedules?
To set a schedule:
- Open the eero app and tap the profile you want to set a schedule for (scroll to the right if you have more than 3 profiles)
- Tap Add a Scheduled Pause
- Toggle Enable “On”
- Update the Schedule name, Start time, End time and Frequency for the scheduled pause.
- Tap Save on the top right to complete the scheduled pause setup
Can I override a schedule?
If a profile is currently paused, you’ll see the word Paused below the user profile name with a play icon to its right. To override a schedule, tap the play icon. This will resume that user profile’s network access until the next scheduled pause.
How do I set my network timezone?
We use your network timezone to accurately time your daily schedules.
To set your network timezone:
- Open the eero app and tap Settings (bottom right corner)
- Tap Advanced Settings
- Tap Network time zone at the top of the page
- Select the proper time zone for your network and the settings will save automatically