We’re currently aware of an issue where some eero Pro 6E or eero 6+ devices take longer 15 minutes or may take multiple attempts in order to complete eero software updates from v6.7.0.
If you are setting up your eero Pro 6E or eero 6+ devices and having issues with the initial eero software update, you can wait for it to update during the night.
If you want to get the update right away, you can follow the steps below. These steps involve temporarily changing your network name (SSID) to disconnect your wireless devices while the eero Software update is in progress.
- Open the eero App and tap on ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘Wifi name’
- Change the Wifi name to something that you have not used in the past so your devices disconnect from the eero
- Tap ‘Save’
- From the Settings screen, tap on ‘Software updates’
- Tap the prompt to download the update to your network
- In some cases, the software update may already be in progress
- Once the download has successfully completed, go back to the Settings screen
- Tap on ‘Wifi name’, and change it back to your desired network name so your devices can automatically reconnect
If you’re still having issues with eero software updates or if you’re having any other issues with your eero network, please contact our support team for assistance. You can reach us by submitting a request here or by phone using the phone numbers listed in this article.