What is eero for Business?
An eero for Business subscription reduces the complexity of managing your business wifi network with features like Multi SSID, Captive Portal, Bandwidth Limit, Internet Backup, Advanced Security, Historical Data and more. The service was built to support businesses with up to 100 connected devices in a business location, up to 50 employees and up to 7500 sq. ft. of space. eero for Business works with most Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 7 eero devices, is available as a subscription purchasable right within the eero app, includes new features that matter to business owners, and allows new subscribers the ability to try the service free for one full month. eero for Business features include:
- Multi SSID
- Captive Portal
- Bandwidth Limit
- VIP Support
- Internet Backup
- Advanced Security
- Smart Home Hub
- Historical Data
- Ad Blocking
- Content Filters
- Block Apps
eero for Business is available as an annual subscription and costs $299.99 per year (auto-renews until canceled). To sign up for an annual subscription to eero for Business, go into your eero app, tap on Discover, and then tap on eero for Business.
I’m a small business, how do I sign up?
Signing up for eero for Business is simple! To get started, first make sure:
- You have a compatible eero wifi system
- You have the eero app installed on your smartphone or tablet (iOS or Android)
- Your eero WiFi system isn't in bridge mode
- Custom DHCP settings are not active on your eero network
To sign up for eero for Business through iOS or Android, follow these steps:
- Open the eero app
- Tap on 'Discover'
- Tap on 'eero for Business'
- Tap on 'Subscribe'
- Follow the on screen instructions to purchase through your device's payment processor. (Payment is processed through App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android)
- Verify your subscription has been applied through the eero app in the eero for Business section of the menu under 'Discover'.
What happens when I complete the purchase of eero for Business?
Once you complete your purchase, eero for Business will be activated on all of your networks. We will turn on advanced security to help protect your network(s) from online threats. For your convenience, we will also turn on an open, passwordless guest SSID with Captive Portal automatically enabled on all your network (or networks if you have multiple). You will have the ability to go into your eero app and configure Captive Portal and add any additional SSIDs needed for business critical devices, IoT devices, or POS systems. You can also add a customized business splash page for customers.
You're all set! Now you can start enjoying all of the features and benefits of eero for Business.
Need to make a change to your eero for Business subscription?
Your subscription will continue until canceled. If you do not wish to continue auto-renewing, you must cancel your subscription at least 24-hours before the next billing period begins by using the processes linked below. You can otherwise make changes to your subscription also using the processes linked below.
As noted during checkout, your 30-day free access will automatically convert into an Annual plan, which will auto-renew until you cancel. Please follow the instructions above if you want to cancel. Full information can be found in the eero Subscription Terms of Service.
What happens if I cancel my eero for Business subscription?
Once your billing period ends, your eero for Business subscription will expire. At this point, you will lose access to all eero for Business subscription features. If you have a "Business" or "IoT" SSID, those SSIDs will no longer be active. If you have an active guest network, that will stay active but will no longer have a captive portal. If you have any port forwarding or IP reservations on the guest, "Business", or "IoT" SSIDs, those will no longer be active. Devices connected to the guest, "Business", or "IoT" SSIDs may be connected automatically to the main network, depending on their configuration.
What happens to my eero for Business subscription if I transfer my network to someone else?
If you transfer your network to another owner, this network will no longer be associated with your eero for Business subscription. The new owner will be responsible for purchasing their own eero for Business subscription if they want to continue using the features. If they do not purchase eero for Business, this network will lose access to all eero for Business subscription features. Any “Business” or “IoT” SSIDs will no longer be active. Any active guest networks will stay active but will no longer have a captive portal. Any port forwarding or IP reservations on the guest, "Business", or "IoT" SSIDs will no longer be active. Devices connected to the guest, "Business", or "IoT" SSIDs may be connected automatically to the main network, depending on their configuration. If you do not want to fully transfer your network to another owner and wish to retain ownership of this network, consider adding the other person as an admin on your network instead.
Which models is eero for Business compatible with?
eero for Business is incompatible with eero and eero 6 extender. Select compatible eero devices include eero 6 router, eero 6+, eero Pro 6, eero Pro 6E, eero PoE 6, eero PoE Gateway, and eero Max 7. If your business wifi network includes incompatible devices, check out some of our great Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 7 options on eero.com/shop.
At this time, Bandwidth Limit is not an available eero for Business feature on networks that include an eero Max 7 or a Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) network as determined by your internet service provider. All other eero for Business features (e.g., Multi SSID, Captive Portal, and Internet Backup) will still be available.
*The eero 6 Extender is not supported.
What should I do if I have an incompatible eero device model connected to my network?
If you have an incompatible eero device (e.g., eero 6 extender, eero gen 1) you will be unable to subscribe to eero for Business. To resolve this issue you can either replace the devices with a compatible eero device model, or just remove the incompatible device models by going into the eero app home screen, selecting the incompatible eero device, tapping on Advanced > Remove eero or tapping on the three dots on the top right corner, then Remove eero.
How do I upload my own custom images for a captive portal?
- Navigate to Settings > Captive Portal in the app, then click on contact support.
- Please note that Captive Portal Images should be in the minimum resolution of 200x200px as a 5 MB or less PNG, JPG, and JPEG file formats.
- Support will then verify your image and upload it into the captive portal for you.
If I need to have my eero devices in bridge mode or custom DHCP, can I use eero for Business?
In order to take full advantage of eero for Business features, only Auto (DHCP) mode is supported.
How do I convert my eero Plus plan to an eero for Business subscription?
eero Plus subscribers who want to subscribe to eero for Business can do so by canceling their eero Plus subscription and then waiting until their subscription term ends before subscribing to eero for Business. Those who want to start using eero for Business as soon as possible have a few other options:
- New account setup - For those who are setting up a business wifi network separate from their home network, we recommend registering that network with a new email address not attached to an eero Plus account.
- eero Plus subscription cancellation - For those who have eero Plus already set up on their business network, you will need to not only cancel your eero Plus subscription via the method in which you signed up for the service (this may either be through the App Store or Google Play Store, or through account.eero.com), but you will also need to call either Apple or Android customer support and request to completely end your eero Plus subscription immediately. Once the subscription service has been fully removed, you can then subscribe to eero for Business directly through your eero app by navigating to the Discover tab and clicking on eero for Business.
- Account.eero.com - If you use account.eero.com to manage your eero Plus subscription, reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 (800) 628-5998 and we’ll happily help.
What’s the difference between eero Plus and eero for Business?
An eero for Business subscription reduces the complexity of managing your business wifi network with features like Multi SSID, Captive Portal, Bandwidth Limit, Internet Backup, Advanced Security, Historical Data and more. For a full list of comparative features, we’ve included a list below:
|Included on all eero networks
|eero for Business
|Smart Home Hub
|Block & Allow Sites
|DDNS, VPN powered by Guardian, Malwarebytes, 1Password
What eero for Business subscription plans are available to purchase?
eero for Business is available as an annual subscription and costs $299.99 per year (auto-renews until canceled) and includes features like Multi SSID, Captive Portal, Bandwidth Limit, Internet Backup, Advanced Security, Historical Data, and more. At this time we do not offer a monthly subscription option.