If you’re having trouble with your eero or modem connection when setting up your gateway eero, here are a few things to check:
- Make sure your gateway eero is connected to your modem via the Ethernet cord provided in the box.
- It should clip snuggly into your gateway eero and one of the Ethernet ports on your modem. (Note: Be sure to plug the ethernet cord into the correct port on your modem. On a standard modem, it will plug into the "WAN" or "Internet" port. On a modem/router combo device, it will plug into one of the "LAN" or numbered ports)
- Try power cycling your modem.
- If there’s an on/off switch, switch it off and wait for 30 seconds before switching it back on. If there is no on/off switch, unplug the modem and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Once the lights stabilize on your modem’s display, you’ve successfully powered it back on.
- Try power cycling your gateway eero.
- You can do this by unplugging and replugging it. Once you’ve plugged it back into power, wait for your eero to boot back up. This should take about 2 minutes.
- For Ring Alarm Pro: This device is equipped with an internal battery. Pressing the reset button for 1 second will power cycle the unit.
If you’re not having any luck, give us a call. We’ll be happy to help you get things up and running.