Why bridge your eeros?
By putting your eero network into bridge mode you can continue managing your network through your existing router. While we don’t generally recommend this approach, as you will lose some advanced features of eero, it is necessary for customers with certain network configurations. If you have a modem/router combo device, we recommend putting that device into bridge mode.
Putting an eero in bridge mode will turn off its network services but allows the eeros to continue providing WiFi access. Please bear in mind that you will not be able to manage your network’s advanced features through the eero app with your eeros in bridge mode. Additionally, bridge mode requires that one eero remain wired into the network via Ethernet.
There are a handful of scenarios when bridging your eeros is required:
- Your provider is AT&T U-Verse, which provides WiFi/DHCP
- Your provider requires PPPoE
- Your ISP requires a specific MAC address matching their provided equipment
How to bridge your eeros
- Create your eero network: Follow the setup flow in the eero app.
- Note: If your network configuration necessitates bridge mode to function, you’ll have to first set up your eero network by double NATing. Read our full instructions on how to do so here.
- Open the eero app and tap Settings (bottom right corner)
- Tap Advanced
- Tap DHCP & NAT
- Switch your selection from Automatic (recommended) to Bridge or Manual (for those running static IP)
- Tap the Save button in the top right corner