Like other electronic devices, eeros are expected to get warm when they’re turned on and operating. Touching your running eero may feel comparable to touching the bottom of a laptop that’s been sitting on your lap and in use for an extended period of time.
To ensure your eero is operating at an optimal temperature, please:
- Place your eeros out in the open. Avoid placing eeros inside of containers or in small, enclosed spaces.
- Don’t cover your eeros with other objects. Avoid placing anything on top of your eeros or burying them beneath cloth or other material.
- Avoid placing your eeros near excessive heat or direct sunlight. Whenever possible, avoid placing your eeros in locations where they’ll be in direct sunlight for the majority of the day. Please also avoid placing your eeros near heat sources such as fireplaces and space heaters.
- Avoid placing your eeros on soft surfaces. Your eeros work best on a stable surface, so avoid putting them on chairs, cushions, and any other surface that doesn't allow your eeros to have space beneath them to breathe.
- Use the power adapter that came with your eero. Avoid using third party adapters which may not have been tested for compatibility with eero.
If you’re unsure if the temperatures you’re experiencing are normal and you have multiple eeros in your home, you can always compare the temperature of your eeros to one another. While there may be a slight difference in operating temperature between eeros, significant differences are not common. If you notice this kind of irregularity or if you have a question about your eero’s temperature, please contact our support team for further assistance.