Swapping Your Gateway eero With an Existing eero in Your Network
If you’ll be looking to swap your gateway eero, meaning the one connected directly to your modem, with another eero in your existing network without adding any additional eeros to your network please follow the steps below which are for both Android and iOS:
- Determine which eero in your network you would like to swap with the gateway
- Unplug the modem
- Unplug the secondary eero not plugged into the modem
- Unplug the gateway eero
- Plug in the modem and wait for it to come online
- Plug in the gateway and secondary eeros
- Allow the eero to boot up and come online
- It may take up to 10 minutes for your eero network to come back online as your network assigns the new gateway.
Replacing Your Gateway eero with a New eero Device
If you’ll be looking to replace your gateway eero, meaning the one connected directly to your modem, you can take the following steps:
- Open the eero app
- Tap the blue plus icon on the top right
- Tap Add or Replace eero Devices
- Tap Replace eero Device
- Select which eero you want to replace
- Follow the setup instructions to complete the replacement
- Allow the new eero to boot up and come online
- It may take up to 10 minutes for your eero network to come back online as your network assigns the new eero as the gateway (main eero).
Once the new eero comes online, your network should be up and running! From there, you can use the swapped out gateway (old eero) as another eero on your network, or if you won’t need it you can give it to a friend or family member so they can get started on their own eero network.
If you have any other questions we can answer, we’re here to help! Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us.