Swapping Your Gateway eero With an Existing eero in Your Network
If you’ll be looking to swap your gateway eero, meaning the one connected directly to your modem, with another eero in your existing network without adding any additional eeros to your network please follow the steps below which are for both Android and iOS:
- Determine which eero in your network you would like to swap with the gateway
- Unplug the modem
- Unplug the secondary eero not plugged into the modem
- Unplug the gateway eero
- Plug in the modem and wait for it to come online
- Plug in the gateway and secondary eeros
- Allow the eero to boot up and come online
- It may take up to 10 minutes for your eero network to come back online as your network assigns the new gateway.
Replacing Your Gateway eero with a New eero Device
If you’ll be looking to replace your gateway eero, meaning the one connected directly to your modem, you will need to first add your eero or eero Pro as an additional eero on your network (see the steps below). In order for a new eero to join your network, it will need to have access to it via an internet connection, so removing your current gateway from your existing setup would not make it possible.
However, since eeros can be easily swapped, this is fairly easy. If you’re using the iOS version of the eero app, just take the following steps:
- Open the eero app
- Select the Home tab
- Tap on the + sign at the top right corner of the screen
- In the menu that appears, select “add an eero device.”
- Proceed by following the steps to add an eero to your network. If the app specifies a different model of eero than the one you are working with, select “Set up a different type of eero”
- Once the eero has been added, unplug your existing gateway and the new eero or eero Pro (your network will temporarily go offline)
- Unplug your modem
- Connect your new eero or eero Pro to your modem via ethernet and then power on your new eero and modem
- Allow the new eero to boot up and come online
- It may take up to 10 minutes for your eero network to come back online as your network assigns the new eero as the gateway (main eero).
Once the new eero comes online, your network should be up and running! From there, you can use the swapped out gateway (old eero) as another eero on your network, or if you won’t need it you can reset it and give it to a friend or family member so they can get started on their own eero network.
If you have any other questions we can answer, we’re here to help! Feel free to give us a call at 1-877-659-2347 or email us.