If you’re using Verizon for Internet services only, then you can set up eero normally. Just follow the instructions in the eero app and plug your gateway eero directly into your modem (replacing your Verizon router if you have one).
If you are also using a Fios TV, you'll need to maintain your Fios router since it broadcasts a signal directly to your TV set-top box. You’ll need to put your eeros in bridge mode if you want to continue accessing all the features of your Fios TV.
Bridging your eeros enables the Fios router to manage the routing of your Internet signal. The only downside to this setup is that your advanced networking features will still be controlled by the Fios router and thus can’t be controlled via the eero app.
How to set up your eeros with Fios TV:
- Plug one of your eeros into your Fios router—not your modem, as the default instructions in the eero app suggest. This will be your gateway eero
- Follow the setup instructions in the eero app
- After your eero network is set up follow the instructions below to put your eero network in Bridge mode:
- Open the eero app and tap Settings (bottom right corner)
- Tap Advanced
- Tap DHCP & NAT
- Switch your selection from Automatic to Bridge
- Tap the Save button in the top right corner