To manually pause the Internet within Family Profiles, you must first create a profile for a user and associate devices with their profile. Pausing can be done to entire profiles, not individual devices. If you'd like to pause the Internet for an individual device, simply create a one-device profile for the device in question.
To manually pause the Internet:
- Open the eero app and tap the menu button on the top left
- Tap on Family Profiles (if you don’t see this option, please update your app)
- Tap on the pause icon on the right of the profile name. Alternatively, tap into the profile and tap on the pause icon on the top right.
You can also create schedules to restrict network access for users at specific times on a recurring basis.
How do I know a profile is paused from Internet access on my network?
The word Paused will appear below paused profiles along with a play button. To resume network connectivity, just tap the play button.
How do I tell if my network access is being restricted on a device?
You can tell if your Internet access is restricted on a device by doing the following:
- If your device is paused while you’re browsing the web, it will display a page letting you know that your device has been paused.
- If you're not using a web browser, and instead are using an application or device without a user interface (a WiFi speaker, for example), the service will not be available until you resume network access to that device. Some devices may show that they don’t have Internet access through an error message.