As part of your eero Plus subscription, you can access VPN protection, powered by Guardian, on your phone or tablet device if you are using the eero app with mobile version 6.32.0 or later (iOS) or 6.32.1 or later (Android).
If you haven't activated Guardian VPN yet, please do so inside of the eero mobile app by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the Discover tab
- Select eero Plus
- Select VPN, powered by Guardian
- Note: Guardian VPN is currently only visible in the eero app for the network owner
- Toggle on the VPN to enable VPN protection for the device. This requires acceptance of the Guardian terms of service and the operating system VPN permissions prompt
To ensure your eero Plus subscription applies when you use the Guardian app, eero pre-provisions a Guardian account for you, using your eero email address, when you enable the VPN for the first time in the eero app. After you've activated Guardian VPN using the eero mobile app, you'll receive an email in your inbox titled "Information about your new VPN" which contains a link to finish setting up your Guardian account.
After you've finalized setting up your Guardian account, please follow these steps to download and login to the Guardian client for MacOS:
- Login at Guardianapp.com
- From the My Account page, click to download Guardian for MacOS (download link)
- Note: the minimum MacOS version required is 10.15 Catalina
- Launch the Guardian client on your Mac which will prompt you to login via a pop-up window
- Enter the same credentials used to login at Guardianapp.com in the pop-up window (first screenshot below)
- Note: if you dismiss or close the pop-up window, you can either re-launch the Guardian client entirely or click on the "G" in your Menu Bar at the top of your display (second screenshot below), click Settings, click the Advanced tab and finally click "Pro Login" at the bottom